Sunday, January 17, 2010

Streeeeetttcchhh!

Wow! God is faithfully molding me, shaping me, and stretching me in ways that are in and out of my comfort zone! I am not sure where this adventure is going to end up, but I have no doubts that it is going to continue for the rest of my life as I walk faithfully in obedience with God. The exciting news? God is never boring! Though I get scared and wrestle with the idea if it is my carnal or spiritual nature speaking with me, I am trusting that I am doing the best I can to follow God whole heartedly and accordance with his will in my life. I have been praying daily that I would walk directly in the footsteps that He has put out for me.

Two weeks ago I was proposed the idea of being video taped talking to God about wisdom and decision making. My thought was me?! First of all, I don't like to be video taped especially for something that is going to be shown in church and secondly... me talking about wisdom? I am the most fickle person ever! All in all, I was supposed to go through my natural thought process for decision making. Of course I was all over the place in the video convinced that I was "the worst tapee ever!" Nonetheless, when God wants you to do something, he will bless it. I told the pastor "yes" when asked to do the video because I felt as if God really wanted me to do it. When he described what he wanted, I knew it was for me to do. It was one of those things where God may have used that for other people, but he definitely used it to minister to me.

So the last 3 days of last week were my first days as a student teacher in Kindergarten! Wow! Kindergarten?! Those children are so sweet and I have never received so many hugs in 3 days before. I had one student come up and tell me that their dog was becoming overweight, but she didn't want t say the "F" word, so he was getting overweight. So sweet! She didn't want to call her dog "fat"... I am learning as well as the kids that I am in authority and a teacher for them. They try to ask me questions to see how I will answer and if it will be different than their teacher, but I have quickly taught them that me and the teacher are one and make the same decisions. I am welcomed daily and am sad that we have a holiday tomorrow.. hopefully I will be productive as I have to get things ready and decided on what I am going to teach.

I am consistently going to try to view God in my life as "in the seat next to me" and always with me as He is living in my life.


...always

No comments:

Post a Comment